Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Fred Smith Fred Smith is offline

Default Please help me with my quote workbook

You will need to surround your formula with an If statement, as in:

=if(a1="","",yourformula)

Fred

"Novice" wrote in message
I am trying to create a quote sheet that includes several cells that refer to
price values in a different workbook. I figured out how to referance the
other workbook, but I can't seem to formulate a calculation with only cells
in a string that are choosen with a value. For example, row 2 includes
several different product variations from B:M which should only be calculated
if a value (quantity) is entered. Such as 2-B2 and 1-D2. Heres how I've tried
to write the formula to be entered in N2:
B2*'[otherworkbook]!'$A$4+C2*'[otherworkbook]!'$G$12...etc...
The problem is that the formula is calculating cells in the destination that
have not been chosen with a value in the cell.
I only want the cells in the row that have been chosen with a value
(quantity) to be calculated.
Sorry about my inexperiance with exel