Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
rod rod is offline

Default need to export row as csv file with column e plus .bom as file name

Jim

You are correct on that one for sure.
Text looked in order before I sent it out..
I hope it wont happen again.
I hope this is not too confusing the way I have explaind it here.

What I am trying to do is take a active row and export that row out as a
delimited file format .
Really just using columns A thru T that have any info in them per row.
Some of the colums in the row I am not using .

The cells in order needed in the output delimeted file would be
S,C,E,H,I,F,D,,,J,,,,T
The empty spaces in the delimited file could just be a cell that holds the
extra comma or however.
This means I need these empty spaces in the delimited file, not other cells
in the excel file that hold no value.

In the column J of the excel file there is a date, this is displayed as
10/25/06.
This is how the date info is placed into the excel file from an as400 dat
file that someone else does for us.
But need the this Date output in a different format.
Example
Excel Exported columns - s ,c
,e ,h ,i ,f ,d ,,,j ,,,,t
Would look like this-
g:\sigma\sndata55\parts55\312944\599-020d,g,32,p,862423,,,2006/10/25,,,,donefile2
That means I have joined colums S,C,E,H,I,F,D (PLUS 2 EMPTY SPACES) then J
(PLUS 3 EMPTY SPACES) then T of the target row .

The delimited file would need be saved as c:\tmp\599-020d.bom
That means delimited file would use value of cell in column E in that active
row for file name and have an extension of .BOM for file name.

The cells in column U could have the action code or trigger in each cell to
create the delimeted file for that active row , pasteddown sheet of column U
..
Like active row is on A3 , click on cell in U3 and delimted file be created
for that row A3 .

I can explain more orget you a small excel file example, and a Bom file if
it will help any further ..

I use this below , then copy the cell value into notepad and then save the
file as 599-020d.bom
=A3&C3&E3&","&H3&","&I3&","&F3&","&D3&","&","&","& J3&","&","&","&","&","&T3

G:\SIGMA\SNDATA55\PARTS55\312944\599-020D,G,32,P,1122445,,,39015,,,,,DONEFILE2

As I mentioned before the date does not come out correct in what the above
function does so I wolud have to edit in notepad as 2006/10/25
and then save file again ..
I can explain more orget you a small excel file example, and a Bom file if
it will help any further ..

Thanks
Rod

"Jim Cone" wrote in message
Your message is pretty much jumbled up.
Suggest you try again with a revised example.
Using normal English grammar rules and punctuation will also help.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"rod"
wrote in message
need to export part of row as csv file with column e plus .bom extension
as file name...
-snip-