Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
James E Middleton James E Middleton is offline

Default Entering Data: is there a way to do this?

I have a worksheet that I will use to enter data for scores at a
competition.

The range of cells I'll enter the data in is C3-L3 x 30 rows (C3-C32 -
L3-L33)

It doesn't matter if I enter the data by column or row.

I would like the worksheet to behave as follows:

Ex: Entering data in columns, when I get to the bottom of a column (C32), I
like the cursor to go to the top of the next column (D2).

Ex: Entering data in rows, when I get to the end of a row (L3), I like the
cursor to go to the start of the next row (C4).

I know I can do this by selecting the range of cells, but this method is
somewhat troublesome when a mistake is made entering data: there's no way to
restart entering the data from the point the mistake was made except
reselecting the entire range again.

So my question is this: Is there a way to lock or protect the entire sheet
and unlock just the cells for the data thet will work in the way described
above?

I know I can lock cells to prevent data entry or change, but this does not
prevent or control cursor movement.

Thanks.