Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Robert Loxley Robert Loxley is offline

Default product date stamp file save

I am hoping with your programming skills, by way of a coded macro, to save an
exel file by operating a button and achieving the following objective
automatically...

name file as...

customer_date_time.xls

and save file to specific path for example c:\archive\product A

---

please note

customer name is variable - which is selected from a drop down list in a
specific cell in an order form.

date & time is real time

The time variable is required and preferable as it is possible for 1
customer to take 2 different products on the same date. One cannot have to
two file names the same!.

For example : customer A_301006.xls (X2) wont work
but customer A_301006_1000.xls and customer A_301006_1005 will save without
conflict

----

Background information...

I have 3 order forms set out vertically on a single spreadsheet covering 1
specific product. There is more than 1 product! (Product A-Z).

All 3 order forms on the Product A spreadsheet are for the same product.

All 3 order forms can be used for different customers selected from a drop
down list in a specific cell located within the actual order form.

The individual orders are only saved to a specific archive product location
folder manually at the moment! (example c:\archive\product A) once customer
has recieved the product.

As all 3 order forms are on 1 spreadsheet I dont want to save all 3
simultaneoulsly,
otherwise I will unnecessarily save duplicate orders! and create
unnecessarily large files.

I would only like to save the respective cells to cover each order form
individually

ie I will require an individual save button located side on to each order
form.

The forms are already cleared by way of a simple macro to continually re use.

Thank you for reading my request

Robert