Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Thomlinson Jim Thomlinson is offline

Default detect ctrl-c was pressed (in copy mode) from vba?

Right from the article you posted...

There are two drawbacks to this method. First, as mentioned above, it is not
appropriate if you already have conditional formats. Second, the code tends
to clear the clipboard, so it becomes virtually impossible to copy and paste
while this code is running.

You can get the row liner addin from Chip if that helps...

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/RowLiner.htm
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Mad Scientist Jr" wrote:

I am using color banding to highlight active cells as explained he

Use color banding to locate the active cell

which I altered to highlight only horizontally, the current row from
cols A to Z

However, this has a side effect where if you press ctrl-c to copy a
cell or range of cells, and then click on a destination cell, ctrl-v no
longer pastes because the color banding code deselects the cells.

Is there a way to detect that ctrl-c has been pressed and excel is in
"copy mode" to disable the color banding, and then re-enable it after
the cells are pasted?