Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default can't paste in excel without having an open excel sheet!

So why not just open excel before you do the copy????

troy stud wrote:

Can't paste in excel when opening a brand new excel worksheet. I am copying
files from a Microsoft Access 2003 database and then opening up a brand new
2003 excel sheet. When I copy from access and then go open a blank excel
sheet to paste, the paste feature is grayed out. When I go back to the access
sheet and recopy then go back to the already open excel sheet, I can then
paste. I'm able to paste in excel only after excel has been already opened as
long as I go back to the Access sheet and copy again. It doesn't seem to want
to paste from access into excel when opening a brand new excel sheet to paste
to, only if it has been already opened and left open.

--

Dave Peterson