Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
notloiseweiss notloiseweiss is offline

Default Probability

Dennis,

I believe the way to solve the problem is to calculate 1 - (probability that
7 or fewer people miss 2 days of work) = 1 - P(7 people miss 2 days of work)
- P(6 people miss 2 days of work) - P(5 people miss 2 days of work) ... - P(0
people miss 2 days of work).

This can likely all be calculated using the binomial function in excel...
BINOMDIST

"Dennis" wrote:

I am working on a question for a statistics class. We are supposed to find
Excel program to answer the following question.

The probability that a worker is absent from work more than 2 times a year
is 0.4. There are 200 workers in the sample. What is the probability that
more than 7 workers will be absent more than 2 times per year. The answer is
.741044. Can anyone help me find the function that will perform this
operation?
--
Dennis