Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Rosenfeld Ron Rosenfeld is offline

Default Array Formulas - Unique List from List with Duplicates

On 27 Oct 2006 10:17:01 -0700, "Johnny Meredith" wrote:

Sorting it won't aggregate the duplicate categories. Besides, I'm
trying to get this to work without any "user clicks".

In the example you posted, all the categories by term seem to be unique.

Can you post an example which demonstrates what you mean by "aggregate
duplicate categories"?

To reproduce your results from your posted data, you can use sorting or, if you
want to use a formula, you could use the VSORT function from Longre's free
morefunc.xll add-in.

But if you also want to aggregate, I think my approach would be to write a
macro that could be triggered either by having the user push a button, or by
some appropriate worksheet event.
--ron