Dave R.

Try copying the 4 cells, then go to another cell/column somewhere and do
paste specialtranspose. This will paste data that spans 4 columns instead
of 4 rows.

"RSF" wrote in message
I have seen this posted in another newsgroup but did not understand the
answer. I have copied many names/address and pasted them into Excel. All

of
the info is sitting under one column. I would like to find out how to
seperate the info into multiple columns so that I can create labels.

Ex.

Mary Smith
1234 Main St
Suite 123
Anywhere, USA 12345

I would like to put it under multiple headings ex. name address city/state

zip

I'm not clear how a delimeter works, The options it shows when I try to

use
the text to columns does not show how mine are seperated. It is not a

dash
or slash
(-or/) it is a straight up and down line???? Ex. Mary Smith (line)

address.
I hope this makes since and someone can help me please.