Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Brian Hamilton Brian Hamilton is offline

Default Quick Question

This help, will give me the highest number in each respective row. However,
finding the maximum in a set of cells is only half-way. I want to figure out
the best solution given I can only use a department once, within each week,
i.e. department a can only be chosen once, even if it has the most people
available every day.

Any thing else, you may have to add I would appreciate it.
--
Thanks,

Brian

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Perhaps

=MAX(b2:h2)

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Brian Hamilton" wrote in message
I wanted to know if there is a function(s) to help me.

I have data specified by days of the week (row), and then departments
(column). The data represented is total people in each department per

day.
I want to find the highest # of people for the week, but only using each
department once.

Please Help

--
Thanks,