Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Gary Brown Gary Brown is offline

Default How do I change the display of negative values to parentheses?

The comma (,) symbol should be on your Formatting Toolbar at the top of the
screen. That will make -10 look like (10.00).
If it isn't there, you can put it back by...
1) Select 'Tools' from the top menu
2) 'Customize...'
3) 'Commands'
4) In the 'Categories' box, select 'Format'
5) In the 'Commands"' box, scroll down until you see ', Comma Style'
6) When you left-click on ', Comma Style' a plus sign will appear.
7) Continue to hold down the mouse button and drag the ', Comma Style' up to
your toolbar
8) Let go of the mouse button
9) Select 'Close'

The ', Comma Style' should now be available.
--
HTH,
Gary Brown

If this post was helpful to you, please select ''YES'' at the bottom of the
post.

"accounts.payable" wrote:

I have just started using Micrososft Office 2003 for Excel and noticed that
the options for showing negative values is only a negative sign. I was
wondering if there is a way to change this to parentheses as I was used to
this idea in the older version.