Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default Array Formulas - Unique List from List with Duplicates

Why not just sort it?

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Johnny Meredith" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi all,

I've seen several posts on this subject, but I have a particular
situation I can't figure out.

I have a list that looks like this:

Term Category Amount
S Cat1 100
L Cat1 50
L Cat2 25
S Cat3 10
L Cat3 30

I want this result:

Term Cateogry Amount
S Cat1 100
S Cat3 10
L Cat1 50
L Cat2 25
L Cat3 30

The totals for both lists equal 215. Basically, I need to produce a
unique list of Categories by Term. I need to do this with an array
formula is possible. So the array formula would have to look at Term
(there will always only be two Term values: S & L) and pick unique
Categories (there will be many categories and the categories will
change periodically). I can handle the Amount column with SUMIF
functions. The PivotTable option is not possible. Any ideas?

Thanks in Advance,
Johnny