Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Niek Otten Niek Otten is offline

Default ERRORS IN A DIVISON FORMULA

In financial transaction applications I find this option very useful.
But be careful; it only works for cells that are explicitly formatted.
If your cell is formatted as general, but just wide enough to display "3.01" it retains its original precision, like 3.051 or
3.0149
In engineering or financial research applications it probably does more harm than it helps.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel