Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
romelsb romelsb is offline

Default How to make IF function not change cell value?

SE...if you are used on having large volume of formulas wherein you require
optimized result like mostly in engineering,,,circular referencing is like a
solver technique....go to optionscalculationsManualiterations type 1...u
can avoid the circular ref. pop-up window....most users thought that excel
provide the circular ref pop up window as an error message but it is
not....believe me...
--
"Bright minds are blessed to those who share them.."-rsb.

"SE" wrote:

How do I make a IF function do this? IF(CELL1 = X ,CELL1,CELL2) The formula
is located in CELL2. When the IF function is false, then I want the value in
CELL2 to stay the same. I get a circular reference with this format.