Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Debra Dalgleish Debra Dalgleish is offline

Default search/delete duplicate entries in excel '02?

You can use the techniques on Chip Pearson's site, to mark and delete
the duplicates in the source data:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm

madpeyjag wrote:
I'm don't want to have to manually search for duplicate records. I want excel
to do it for me. If there are any duplicates I want it to delete one of them.
Cause I'm going to use it for a mail merge and I don't want to send anyone
more than one letter. Does that make sense?

"Gary Brown" wrote:

Find...replace with ""
--
HTH,
Gary Brown

"madpeyjag" wrote:

I have 3 columns and 2000+ rows of data. Is there a way to search and delete
duplicate entries for 1 or more of the columns?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures