Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Take a Cell and add it to the Footer or Tab

See:

Gary's Student

"Frank Costa" wrote:

Now I feel dumb. Where do I place that macro and how?

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

This little macro will rename all the tabs to the value of the text in cell
A1 of that tab:

Sub Macro1()
Dim s As Worksheet
For Each s In Worksheets
s.Name = s.Range("A1").Value
Next
End Sub

just be sure that each name in A1 is unique and is a valid tab name.
--
Gary''s Student

"Frank Costa" wrote:

I am trying to be able to take a cell that contains someone's name and either
have it automatically placed in the Footer of the document or have it be used
to name that Tab (for ease of finding which spreadsheet belongs to each
employee). Can either of these be done? I've tried to customize the footer
to include the cell ID that houses the employee's name, but it doesn't work.

Thanks.