Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Don Guillett Don Guillett is offline

Default Dates, Years and Seasons

=if(and(month(b4)=1,month(b4)<=3)

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Graham Haughs" wrote in message
I will have various dates entered in B4 for example which will include the
year, ie dd/mm/yyyy format. I want a formula like the one below which will
identify the Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter each of which is defined as
falling between particular dates. I could just expand the formula below to
accommodate this. However the problem is I want the formula to operate
over many years., eg if B4 is 1/2/2007 I want it to show Spring but
obviously this formula cannot do this as it specifies the year. Is there
anyway to create it so that it is just looking between 1st February and
31st March in any year, regardless of the year entry in B4. Grateful for
any guidance.

=IF(AND(B4=DATE(2006,2,1),B4<=DATE(2006,3,31)),"S pring",4)

Kind regards
Graham Haughs
Turriff, Scotland