Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Graham Haughs Graham Haughs is offline

Default Dates, Years and Seasons

I will have various dates entered in B4 for example which will include
the year, ie dd/mm/yyyy format. I want a formula like the one below
which will identify the Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter each of which is
defined as falling between particular dates. I could just expand the
formula below to accommodate this. However the problem is I want the
formula to operate over many years., eg if B4 is 1/2/2007 I want it
to show Spring but obviously this formula cannot do this as it specifies
the year. Is there anyway to create it so that it is just looking
between 1st February and 31st March in any year, regardless of the year
entry in B4. Grateful for any guidance.

=IF(AND(B4=DATE(2006,2,1),B4<=DATE(2006,3,31)),"S pring",4)

Kind regards
Graham Haughs
Turriff, Scotland