Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Open the file or save it - missing

Not from me.

Sorry.

bdw wrote:

Hey Dave - I checked that and that is already checked. Any other thoughts?

Thanks.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

This is a windows setting.

Open windows explorer (not Internet explorer)
tools|folder options|file types tab
scroll down to CSV and select it.
Click the Advanced button
click on "confirm after download"

bdw wrote:

How can I get the dialog box (below) that opens when you click on an file to
reappear. Now when I go to open this type of file (CSV) it immediately opens
up on the screen and I no longer have the below option. (I think I
accidently removed the check marek from "Always ask before opening this file
type"

Would you like to OPEN the file or SAVE it to your computer.

OPEN SAVE Cancel

Always ask before opening this file type.

How can I get this option back. Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

--

Dave Peterson

--