David

Yvon wrote

Almost works....i have created a button with the VBA code as
instructed and lo and behold it does display the find dialoq box yet
won't return the value searching for even though it is right there in
the spreadsheet...is something missing????

Further reading indicates that the command in a macro requires that a range
be selected first, i.e. Cells.Select to select all the cells on the sheet
(or select a range with the mouse). Results arn't very pretty, though, as
all cells remain selected and only the result isn't shaded.

That said, I believe I would opt for the toolbar method mentioned by Dave
Peterson. It works the same as Ctrl-F without having to select a range
first.

--
David