Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rodrigo Ferreira Rodrigo Ferreira is offline

Default Workbook protected after some date dd/mm/yyyy

Thanks Otto,
I know that is easy to break this macro but I want to raise difficulties.
This way that you wrote is good but if the user change the date of computer,
he can use the workbook again.

Any idea?

--

Rodrigo Ferreira

"Otto Moehrbach" escreveu na mensagem
There are various ways of doing what you want, none of which are very
secure. All such systems can be easily broken by anyone with knowledge of
Excel.
One way is to have a Workbook_Open macro that checks the current date.
When the critical date is reached, the code within that macro can
erase/delete the pertinent data within the file, then save the file. Post
back if this fits what you need. Provide details about what you want
erased/deleted. HTH Otto
"Rodrigo Ferreira" wrote in message
How can I prevent user to use my workbook after some date?
eg. until 10/12/2006 the workbook works fine, after this date, the user
cannot open the workbook

--

Rodrigo Ferreira