Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Paul D. Simon Paul D. Simon is offline

Default Negative figures in brackets

Hi James,

Yes, now that you mention it, I have seen people refer to the greater
than and less than symbols as brackets, too (and come to think of it,
commonly so).

I've also seen people refer to braces - { } - as "curly" braces
(are there "non-curly" braces lurking around somewhere?) If we're to
call them "curly" braces, then why not "curved" parentheses and
"squared" brackets?

But then, how many times do we see people on this group erroneously
refer to VBA as just VB? (VB is one thing; VBA is something else).
(Drives me crazy!)

Anyway...

So now, if I'm getting this correctly, parentheses can be referred to
as brackets, and the greater than and less than symbols can be referred
to as brackets. So, just out of curiosity, what do people refer to
these as?: [ ]

Paul