Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Lori Lori is offline

Default macro to go to cell based upon a calculation

If 2109 is in A1, and you want to select a cell in that row type
indirect("a"&A1) in the name box (next to the formula bar). Choose
Tools-Macro-Record New Macro first to get the code for this.

Mark M wrote:

thanks Jim. I think I still need some assistance in that the cell in not
fixed, I must first locate the cell based upon the calculation. For
instance, if the calculate value is 2109, I must find the cell (in a known
column) that contains that value than go to it using a button and imbedded
macro. In the spreadsheet, I can find the cell, but I am not sure how to
applie it in the macro.

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

Sheets("Sheet1").Select
Range("A1").Select

--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Mark M" wrote:

I am trying to create a button with a embedded macro that will take me to a
cell containing a value, which is calculated somewhere else in the
spreadsheet. I assume this is easy, but I am not VBA skilled.