Andrea Jones

Yes, plot both series selecting the Area chart type and using the first,
non-stacked sub-type. If you set the fill pattern for the lower of the two
lines to the same colour as the plot area and remove the gridlines then it
will look like two lines with the area in between shaded. You may have to
use the Format Data Series window and Series Order to make one series sit on
top of the other so you can see them both, otherwise the bigger one may mask
the smaller one. This method only works if one series is consistently above
the other, if a value dips below the smaller values it will be hidden
behind.

Andrea Jones
http://www.allaboutoffice.co.uk

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote in message
This might help

http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Cha...AreaChart.html

I think I might just use a bar or column chart to get to the same result.

"Hart" wrote in message
I created a simple chart with two data series - monthly budget vs.

monthly
actual spending. On the chart I would like to shade the area between to
the
two lines. Anyone have any ideas?