Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
qdave qdave is offline

Default using indirect throughout a sheet

I've spent the last couple hours reading through the threads related to
INDIRECT and that's been beneficial. However, I have a sheet, sheet1,
populated with a number of different formulas that reference another sheet,
sheet2. I'd like to make every reference in sheet 1 indirect
'Sheet1'!A1 - INDIRECT("'Sheet1'!A1")
and I'm running into 2 problems.
1. I can't do a search and replace since excel won't let me partially
update the formula.
2. If I hand adjust one instance of a formula and then try to drag it down,
it just keep repeating the A1 (instead of A2, A3,...)

thanks for the consideration.