Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
JClark JClark is offline

Default ? avoid changing sum function as rows added?

Hello Group:
I'm obviously new. To keep it simple, here's how I'll pose the
question:
Suppose I have multiple rows and two columns.
Column A contains names of people
Column B contains each person's age
The last cell in column B is to be an average of the ages, so in that
cell I insert the function =AVERAGE(B1:B100)
This works fine, but as I add rows, I have to change the formula to
include the recently added row, B101, then B102, etc)
Is there any way I can make the function automatically include the
last cell? Sort of like a wild symbol?
It's not a big problem, but I'm just wondering if that's possible.

Thanks.

Jack