Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pat Pat is offline

Default Very Wierd Execl "Memory" problem

This started happenning this morning and seems like a bug. I am pulling data
from dde. The formula looks like this:

='@recombiner!TA_SRV'|LIVEQUOTE!'LIVEQUOTE;1022;10 03={''+CTXKK''}'

I need to copy and paste this formula when I add a new symbol, ie CTXKJ. So
I copy the formula, paste it into a new cell and then change the symbol.
however, I accidently type in the symbol with a lower case final character,
CTXKj. The dde server is case sensitive, so I get a #N/A. Now this is the
wierd part - when I change the last character to an uppercase J, hit enter
and still get the #N/A. I look back into that cell and the j is back in
small caps and no matter where in the workbook that I try to change this
symbol it automatically reverts back to small caps.

What the $#$%@?