Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave F Dave F is offline

Default what download do i need to enable editing text?

To edit Excel documents, you need the Excel application. You can also save
such files to your local drive and open them via Google spreadsheets, at
spreadsheets.google.com, however, complex Excel spreadsheets won't be
rendered correctly.

As for editing text, you would need a word processor program, such as Word,
Notepad, etc.

As for databases--depends: Access, MySQL, SQL Server, etc. Do you mean
databases or data tables in Excel docs? If it's the latter, see the first
paragraph of this response.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"wkdbecky" wrote:

please could you help, i am unable to edit text or data bases that I open
from my work emails and also other excel documents that I have been sent,
what download do I need to enable my computer to do this?