Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
a_ryan1972 a_ryan1972 is offline

Default Replacing a hard line break in Excel

When I try to paste this code into the cell, it wipes out what's in the
entire cell. If I try to paste this code into the find and replace, it
doesn't allow me to. Am I doing this wrong?

Thanks.

"vezerid" wrote:

=SUBSTITUTE(A2,CHAR(10)," ")

This will replace hard break with a space. If you want it completely
wiped out use "" instead of " ".

HTH
Kostis Vezerides

a_ryan1972 wrote:
Hi,
I have a pretty large spreadsheet. The person that originally created it
didn't know how to use word wrap so they inserted hard breaks in cells to get
it to wrap. Now, I want to get rid of this. How can I replace a hard break?

Thank you.