Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Allllen Allllen is offline

Default Correlating items from 2 different spreadsheets

Let's consider then that ship B has a lot more prices in it than ship A. And
you want to get prices into ship A.

For Ship A:
Col A Col B
part1 =vlookup(A1,'Ship B'!A:B,2,0)
part2 =vlookup(A2,'Ship B'!A:B,2,0)
etc etc

if it finds the part in ship B, the formula will give you the price for it.
if the part is not found, it will give you #N/A

you can use the toolsfilterautofilter to help you remove all the ugly #N/As

you can reverse the same process to get info from ship A into ship B.
--
Allllen

"Reebis" wrote:

Hello,

I have 2 different sheets, 1 for ship A and 1 for ship B.
Both these ships have part numbers and prices associated with them. Lets
say Column A has the part numbers and Column B has the prices associated with
these part numbers. My task is to compare the 2 sheets, find part numbers
that they both have in common and insert the price from Ship B into Ship A's
sheet.

I am thinking that this will be some sort of Macro, but I dont have really
any experience with these. If someone has a different approach, that would
be great.

Thanks