Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
buggsy buggsy is offline

Default excel spreadsheets

If anyone can help me with this question I have from school, Id appreciate
it.....Im just beginning to use excel spreadsheets. Whenever I enter a number
in a cell, excell adds a decimal point, even if the number format I use
doesnt include a decimal point. It doesnt look right to have an integer
number like 5280 displayed as 5280. with the decimal point. Is this a bug in
excel?...Is this a trick question? Is there a patch that they could download
if there is a known bug . If so, where do I download it from. or the solution
may just be in the way the user used/ formatted excel ?.. thanks for any
help/advise