Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
tskogstrom tskogstrom is offline

Default XValues - Why is code1 OK - but code2 doesn't work?

Hi, I have a xlColumnClustered chart of three bars only, with values
and names picked from cells not besie eachother. The first working code
is based on recording, but I can't have RC reference in my code.

The second code, I get "Unable to set the XValues property of the
Series class" 1004 runtime error.

Why doesn't the second work?

'cht.SeriesCollection(1).XValues = _
' "=(Report!R6C7,Report!R6C4,Report!R3C17)"

cht.SeriesCollection(1).XValues = Union(Sheet2.Range("nme1"),
Sheet2.Range("nme2"), _ Sheet2.Range("nme3"))

Kind regards
tskogstrom