Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
widman widman is offline

Default get sort to recognize header row

If I have to play with changing the format of the headers, I might as well
just click the correct button once it identifies it wrong.

I frequently have 3000 line sheets to sort, so I click on the corner to
highlight the whole thing, and Excel thinks the text at the top is part of
the numbers below.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Try formatting the header differently--maybe bold, underlined?

widman wrote:

When I sort, 95% of the time Excel guesses wrong when it decides I have a
header row or not. Even flipping a coin would be better. Is there any way
to get it to guess better?

--

Dave Peterson