Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default Multiple criteria for lookup table

I assume B14 contains the Role Name - would C14 contain BU and D14 the
Region? If so, you need to amend your table in the All Roles sheet to
insert a new column F and to enter a formula in F1 which concatenates
the Role Name with BU and Region. Something like:

=B1&C1&D1

and copied down to the bottom of the table.

Then your formula becomes:

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(B14&C14&D14,'All Roles'!$F$1:$G$3485,2,FALSE)),"
",VLOOKUP(B14&C14&D14,'All Roles'!$F$1:$G$3485,2,FALSE))

I've split the formula in the middle of the "" to avoid awkward
line-wrap.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Mark wrote:
I am currently using VLOOKUP to grab values. I now realize that there are
multiple criteria involved before a decision can be made. My data looks like
this:
New Role Name BU Region Recommended Role Owners
50003281 Service North America Marnie Perez/Wendy Synol/Jackie Howson
50003281 Service EMEA Francis Hopwood/Jackie Howson
50003281 Service Asia Pacific Andy McDougall/Wendy Synol/Jackie Howson
50003281 All North America Cathy Parker
50003281 All EMEA Guido Moresi/Stephen Lovass/Axel Terlinden
50003281 All Asia Pacific Guido Moresi/Stephen Lovass/Axel Terlinden

My lookup is using Role Name but I also need to consider BU and Region
before I can grab Recommended Role Owners. Any solutions I hope? This is my
current formla:
=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(B14,'All Roles'!$A$1:$F$3485,6,FALSE)),"",VLOOKUP(B14,'All
Roles'!$A$1:$F$3485,6,FALSE))

Mark