Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
smw226 via OfficeKB.com smw226 via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default Keep non-duplicates only

Hi GMK,

Sorry about that....try this.
I am not sure how many columns you have but you can, in cell D5,

=CONCATENATE(A5,B5,C5) ' This will get all of your rows into 1 cell.

then in cell E5

=COUNTIF($D$5:$D$10,D5) 'This will count how many times the result in D5
appears in your list

If you drag those down to the bottom of your report if there is a 1 in E5 you
have a unique record, it is more than 1, you have a duplicate.

HTH

SImon

GMK wrote:
Using "Advanced Filter €” Unique Records Only" does not accomplish my job.
"Unique Records Only" keeps one of the matching rows but I want only totally
new (unique) rows, discarding both of the matching rows. The resultant list
would contain only rows of new data and none of the matching rows from either
of the lists.

I hope this clarifies my request. Thanks, again.

Hi GMK,

[quoted text clipped - 11 lines]

Thanks.