Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jamie Jamie is offline

Default Count cells with positive numbers

Thanks again. Those are worth knowing.

"L. Howard Kittle" wrote in message
. ..
Hi Jamie,

COUNTIF is a bit bountiful with the " "'s and without. I keep a list of
about 20 different formula's of COUNTIF to keep me straight.

Some examples using Data, a named range, as the Range.

=Countif(Data,12) the number of cells containing the value 12
=Countif(Data,A1) the number of cells equal to the contents of A1.
=Countif(Data,TODAY()) the number of cells containing current date
=Countif(Data,TRUE) the number of cells containing logical true.
=Countif(Data,"*") the number of cells containing text.
=Countif(Data,"???") the number of cells containing exactly 3 characters.

HTH
Regards,
Howard

"Jamie" wrote in message
My thanks to Gary"s Student and L. Howard Kittle.
One question though, by putting the quotation marks around 0, doesn't
that change it into a text? I thought Excel can understand numeric
argument.

"Jamie" wrote in message
In a row of 20 cells from A1:T1, how can I count the number of cells
that are greater than 0?
Thanks for your help.

Jamie