Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Michelle F. Michelle F. is offline

Default How do I create a formula?

Thank you so much!
Do I have to apply this to each cell or can I apply it to an entire column?

"Dave F" wrote:

Given your example, assume the table is in the range A1:C5

=COUNTIF(C2:C5="2 days") will give you the count of "2 days". Changing the
formula to =COUNTIF(C2:C5="10 days") will give you the count of "10 days",
etc.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Michelle F." wrote:

Hi, I'm not very good with formulas, so please forgive me.

I have a huge Excel spreadsheet that looks something like this:

Date 1 Date2 Total of Days
1/9/06 1/11/06 2 days
3/15/06 3/25/06 10 days
3/12/06 3/18/06 6 days
2/9/06 2/15/06 6 days

What we would like to do is create a list in Column 4 that shows how many
days listed in column 3 are the same. For Example, if C3 through C14 have 6
days, we would like to show in a separate column that 11 cells have 6 days,
etc. Also, can the formula automatically update if I remove/add a row?