Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
XianGW XianGW is offline

Default Export chart to GIF no longer works after installing Excel 200

That has not removed the problem for me, any further thoughts?

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

Pete -

Thanks for following up and sharing your experiences. Have you noticed any
ill effects on 2007?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"ExcelFan" wrote in message
Jon,
I did some further digging and was able to find a solution. I'll include
my
solution just in case it might help someone in the community...

Microsoft shared files are located here... C:\Program Files\Common
Files\Microsoft Shared\Grphflt

I simply took an Excel 2000 version of the gif filter (GIFIMP32.FLT) from
another computer and copied it to the above-mentioned directory, thereby
replacing what was an Excel 2007 version of the gif filter.

Now exporting gif's in Excel 2000 is as it has always been, flawless.
I thank you for your help. I couldn't have done it without you.

Pete

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

I noticed this problem on one of my computers. The filters in the
Microsoft
Shared folder are all newer than Office 2003, dated in 2006. Except for
the
TIFF filter, which is still dated 2000, and the export to TIFF still
works.
I tried to reinstall Office 2003's filters, but apparently it checks the
file date stamp prior to overwriting, and the files didn't change. I
didn't
yet try deleting the filters then reinstalling.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"ExcelFan" wrote in message
Tushar, thank you for your response.
If the GIF filter was somehow removed by the install of Excel 2007b2,
do
you
think reinstalling Excel 2000 would be a reasonable fix?

BTW - I believe you helped me with a charting issue many years ago and
I'd
just like to thank you for taking the time to help me and the Excel
community.

"Tushar Mehta" wrote:

In article ,
says...
I've used the following Visual Basic code in Excel 2000 to export a
chart to
GIF. However, after installing Excel 2007b2 I now get errors
(method
of
export failed) when using the same old code in Excel 2000 and cannot
export.
Does anybody know if something has changed?

ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(1).Activate
ActiveChart.Export Filename:="C:\Documents and Settings\user\My
Documents\mychart.gif", filtername:="gif"

Maybe, installing 2007 Beta2 removed the filter needed to export as a
GIF?

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions