Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Cashtime2006 Cashtime2006 is offline

Default Excel columns keep losing their formatting in 2007 Beta upgrad

Yes, the bug only seemed to appear after the technical refresh upgrade. If I
open a worksheet saved in Excel 97-2003 compatability mode, then open a 2007
worksheet, the columns of the 2007 sheet more than double in width from their
saved settings. The problem doesn't (so far!) occur if the sheets are opened
in reverse order (2007, then 97-2003). But hopefully it's only a temporary
workaround.

As for letting Microsoft know.......lets hope they're reading these posts!!

"John" wrote:

I am having the same problem. Any luck out there? It doesn't always happen,
which makes it more frustrating. It does seem to occur when a 2003 file is
converted to 2007.

"McNaddy" wrote:

Using the upgrade for 2007 Office (Beta), my column formatting always gets
lost once a file has been saved & closed and then opened up again. Any ideas?
Especially how to inform Microsoft - can't see how under their contact menu!