Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Thomas R. Glass Thomas R. Glass is offline

Default Criteria for datbase function in one row?

I have a class of problem in which the total flow or cumulative pressure drop
in one pipe is the sum of flows and the maximum pressure drop in all
tributary pipes. I use the database sum and max functions to get the
tributary values. The criteria for tributaries is a part of the record for
that pipe. However, I find no way to put that criteria into one row, so each
pipe has to have two rows. That messes up a lot of editing fuctions such as
copying values or formulae to all pipes. The spreadsheet is also twice as
tall. I can't just transpose the spreadsheet because I am using the database
functions in the other orientation as well. Is there a way to have the
criteria vector horizontal instead of vertical?