Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
julie s julie s is offline

Default change tab colour when using conditional formatting in a cell

thank you I will try and let you know how I get on

"Dave F" wrote:

Hit ALT+ F11 and cop and paste Gord's code into the white space on the right
hand side of the window that appears. Hit save and close out of that window.
Now, if A1 contains something other than "Hello" you will see the tab color
for that sheet1 change.

Change the cell and sheet reference as appropriate for your sitatuation.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"julie s" wrote:

that is great but how do i do that???

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

You cannot use CF to change a Tab color.

You would need VBA.

Either event code or just a macro.

Sub test()
If Sheets("Sheet2").Range("A1").Value < "hello" Then
Sheets("Sheet1").Tab.ColorIndex = 6
Else
Sheets("Sheet1").Tab.ColorIndex = -4142

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 11:27:02 -0700, julie s <julie
wrote:

how can I change a tab to colour to highlight a problem without going into an
actual worksheet to work on