Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
jeffbert jeffbert is offline

Default Round to up to a threshold

Ron

Thanks for the reply. I tried your solution, but it does not keep the
significance of K2. I used this solution from Elkar.

=MIN(CEILING(ABS(H2),K2),INT(L2/K2)*K2)

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

Actually, to have the formula max controlled by cell L2.....like you asked
for....

=MIN(CEILING(ABS(H2),K2),L2)
Where
H2 contains the source value
K2 contains the increment to calculate
L2 contains the upper limit of the calculation

Does that help?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"jeffbert" wrote:

However, I need to set an upper limit on how high a ceiling function will
round.

For instance: h2= -180 and k2=24
=ceiling(ABS(H2),K2)

This formula would give me 192. However, I need a third varable as an upper
limit. For instance, I cannot have the answer from the previous equation go
above 100. Therefore, the answer to the equation would be 96.
=ceiling(ABS(H2),K2) where that answer is less than or equal to L2

Any and all help is apprecitated!