Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
JLatham JLatham is offline

Default Finding Friday in week number

I found that the easiest way for me to do this quickly was to determine the
date of the Friday in the first week. Assumes week starts on Sunday. First
friday can potentially be in previous year if you are starting with Jan 1 as
1st day entered.

But, works great for 2006 where 1/1/2006 was a Sunday.

Determine the date for the first Friday, i.e. 1/6/2006 for 2006
Assume that date is in G2 and you enter the weeknumber you want in G1
Then this formula will calculate date of Friday in a weeknumber:
=G$2+((G1-1)*7)
If G1 = 1, date is 1/6/2006
G1 = 8, 2/24/2006
G1 -50, 12/15/2006

"DavidS" wrote:

Hello, I have a week number and am trying to find the date of the Friday in
that week. The week number is selected in a drop down and used elsewhere so
I can't change it but need to derive the date of the Friday in the selected
week number. Can't find a way of doing this with my limited knowledge.
Thanks for looking.
David