Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
jonathandr jonathandr is offline

Default How to Input date & Time [NOW()], then stop it updating?

I need it to do it automatically, i am using excel to scan barcodes, when the
barcode is scanned into the column, another cell looks at it and tells me
what product it is and another tells me the price. I need a date the appear
in a separate column (which it does) and not to keep changing, if i could use
a macro it wouldn't work unless i could get the macro to run automatically
after each scan?? or can a macro run from a formula e.g. If(a1="","",Run
Macro)???

please help, this is a very annoying problem that seems like it should be
easy to fix?

"Allllen" wrote:

Copy the cell
Edit paste-special, values back into the same cell
that fixes the values

What you can do is set up a simple macro that will do this action for you
(copy - pastespecial values) on the range that you define (I am imagining a
column).

You can then have a button to run this macro (edittoolbarsforms, and drag
in a button)

does that help?
--
Allllen

"jonathandr" wrote:

Basically i want to have the date & time populate a cell automatically when
another cell has a barcode scanned into it, that is no problem but when the
time passes to another minute and another barcode is entered it changes every
date & time in the sheet! i want them to stay static once they are in the
sheet.

Can anyone help???