Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Turi Turi is offline

Default sumproduct and average functions

That would work for one range, but I failed to say that I've got a bunch of
employee ranges that I'd like to be able to apply the formula to. (ie 1-25
employee rev ave, 25-50 employee rev ave, etc.)
--
Turi

"Dave F" wrote:

I would use Advanced Filter to extract from your list those records for which
the number of emplyees is 49 and <101. And then run your average on that
extracted table. For info on Advanced Filter, see he
http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/advanced-filter.htm

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Turi" wrote:

I have a list of accts with their # of employees and their annual revenues.
I want to take the average of their annual revenue if they have between 50 &
100 employees. I figured I needed to use the average and sumproduct
functions, but I'm not sure how.

Please help, thanks
--
Turi