Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gary B Gary B is offline

Default Multiple Matrix calculations from data list

I have a problem that I can't seem to solve.
Basically, I have 4 columns of data points and about 200 rows.
So, for Row 1 I have numbers like 1,2,3,4 and the next Row(2) like 5,6,7,8...
The problem is that when I try to solver for the determinate, Excel wants
the data format to be in a 2x2 format, i.e. 1,2 on first row, and 3,4 on
second row. OR, It will take the data in one row (1,2,3,4) provided that
numbers are entered instead of cell designator, as descibed in the help
section:

=MDETERM(A2:D5) Determinant of the matrix above (88)

=MDETERM({3,6,1;1,1,0;3,10,2}) Determinant of the matrix as an array
constant (1)

Does anyone know how to get around this?

Thanks,