Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Andrea Jones Andrea Jones is offline

Default IF statements terribly frustrated!

I'm not really clear what you're trying to calculate but I think you'll need
something like this:

Assuming the value you are testing is in cell A1:

=IF(A113,A1-13+1,(A1-13)*2)

this will give 0 if the number in the box is equal to 13 (you don't say what
should happen in that situation). You may need to adjust the (A1-13)*2 part
of the equation if you're actually taking the 2 points away from the <13
points already there, it's not clear exactly what results you are expecting.

A Jones

"Mandy" wrote:

I have a question, I am trying to work on a grade book spread sheet and I am
having no luck.

If a number is more than 13 in a box then it should ad 1 to each number over.
If a nubme is less than 13 then there is a 2 point deduction for each number.

I think I need to use a if then statement right?