Aneleh

Thanks to both Jon and John!!! My charts are the way I want them, I took
Jon's advice and check the box for Value Axis Crosses at Maximum Category and
voila!
Thanks again for your speedy responses!
-Aneleh

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

Aneleh -

John's answer, using real dates, is the rigorous way to do this.
HOwever, if the X values are in the order you want and spaced the way
you want, double click on the X axis, and on the Scale tab, check the
box for Value Axis Crosses at Maximum Category.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

John Mansfield wrote:

Aneleh,

Check to see if your dates are formatted as true dates and not text that
looks like a date. If the X axis is a true date, the values will fall in
chronological order by default and the Y axis should appear on the left side
of the chart.

If that doesn't work, can you provide a sample of your data?

----
Regards,
John Mansfield
http://www.pdbook.com

"Aneleh" wrote:

I have changed the category order of my chart as it involves dates and i want
then in a chronological order, however as a result the y-axis values have
flipped to the right-hand side, is there any way that i can change this back
to the left-hand side of the chart while still keeping the order of the
category values?