Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Niek Otten Niek Otten is offline

Default Error in the argument type in french NO.SEMAINE help

Hi José,

It is all well explained in the link I gave you:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/weeknum.htm

Look at this example:

<For example, if you set the return type of WEEKNUM to 2, indicating that weeks begin on Monday, and the year is 2001, which
begins on a Monday, week 1 will have 7 days. But for the year 2006, which begins on a Sunday, week 1 will have only 1 day. For
example, if A1 contains the date 2000-Jan-9, a Sunday, the function

=WEEKNUM(A1,2)

will return 2, as 2000-Jan-9 is the last day of the second week of 2000. Since the 2 in the formula indicates that weeks begin on
Monday, week 2 is computed as Monday, 2000-Jan-3 through Sunday, 2000-Jan-9. If we change the formula to

=WEEKNUM(A1,1)

it will return 3, since the 1 in the formula indicates that weeks begin on Sunday, and week 3 is computed as Sunday, 2000-Jan-9,
through Saturday, 2000-Jan-15.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"José" wrote in message ...
| Salut Niek
|
| My answer is late ; I was out. Here, a week begins on monday.
|
| I type 16-10-2006 in a cell. Then in another one ="Semaine " &NO.SEMAINE(G2;1)
|
| I get Semaine 42. This is correct. But, if instead of G2,1 I type G2,2 I get
| Semaine 43.
|
| This is what you can read in the NO.SEMAINE help :
| 1 le dimanche ; les jours de la semaine sont numérotés de 1 à 7.
| 2 le lundi ; les jours de la semaine sont numérotés de 1 à 7.
|
| I am confused.
|
| Regards
| José
|

| "Niek Otten" wrote:
|
| Hi José,
|
| Week 42? for which date?
|
| --
| Kind regards,
|
| Niek Otten
| Microsoft MVP - Excel
|
| "José" wrote in message ...
| | Good morning Niek
| | Tks for your prompt reply. What is said below suits the Excel help :
| | =WEEKNUM(A1,2)
| |
| | will return 2, as 2000-Jan-9 is the last day of the second week of 2000.
| | Since the 2 in the formula indicates that weeks begin on Monday, week 2 is
| | computed as Monday, 2000-Jan-3 through Sunday, 2000-Jan-9.
| |
| | But it does not work for me. For getting a correct week number, I must use 1
| | instead of 2. For getting Week 42, I must write (french version)
| | =NO.SEMAINE(A1,1)
| |
| | Tks again
| | José
| |
| | "Niek Otten" wrote:
| |
| | It depends on your definition of week number.
| |
| | See
| |
| | http://www.cpearson.com/excel/weeknum.htm
| |
| | --
| | Kind regards,
| |
| | Niek Otten
| | Microsoft MVP - Excel
| |
| |
| | "José" wrote in message ...
| | | Gentlemen
| | | The argument type in french NO.SEMAINE help says to use 1, if the week
| | | begins a sunday and 2, if it begins a monday.
| | | I am obliged to use the reverse here to obtain a correct week number. I have
| | | probably missed something.
| | |
| | | Regards
| | | José
| | |
| | | ----------------
| | | This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
| | | suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I
| | | Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this
| | | link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then
| | | click "I Agree" in the message pane.
| | |
| | |
| |