Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
dmritter dmritter is offline

Default how do I set up the following formula in excell.

it is for beans part A is as follows: Net delivery weight (62,660) times
foreign material matter (.956) equals pounds(59903) times either mositure
factor or minus pounds of shrink (3133) equals new pounds of beans (56770)
times Pick factor OR if pounds of shrink known (3236) equals pounds of good
beans (53534) times Market price of beans to cents (0.18)equals the value of
the total orginal pounds to cents($9636.12) minus the elevator pick charge to
grower($418.81) equals the final $ value of beans ($9154.31) dividved by
orginal delivery weight less foreign material (59903) (see very first part of
equation) equals the actual price received for orginal deilvery weight by
cents four decimal places. Part B (0.1528) divided by current market price of
beans (0.18) equals quality factorto three decimals (.849) this figure is
moved to a production worksheet for final analysis.

"JLatham" wrote:

Could I ask that you rephrase, or describe the needs a little differently.
I'm having a problem determining just what it is you need. Also, don't use
anything that might be misunderstood as a math symbol except when it is a
math symbol (dash can be confused with minus sign or subtraction).

Part B is easy, I think: formula in cell would be
=.1528/.18
will display the result (0.84888889) can be formatted to display 0.849.

Back to part A, maybe describe something like this:
if claim is greater than or equal to (=) some value
Then do this with it: claim * .956 * factor,
OR
if do this with claim amount...
perform another test: if claim - amount = some other value
Then do this ... describe another calculation

continue on in that fashion. Don't worry if you have to use some other test
like is less than or is equal to, that's fine. If you don't know the
symbols, just spell it out, we'll do our best to figure it out. Use as many
IFs, Thens and Ors as it takes.

"dmritter" wrote:

i need to figure out the following for every claim i receive and i would like
help putting in a formula A. 62,660 *.956 = 59903 *factor or - 3133 =56770
* factor 0r - 3236 = 53534 *0 .18 = $936.12 that is part A
Part B 0.1528/ 0.18 =0.849

if anyone could please help me that would be wonderful